[Magdalen] Inappropriate?

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Tue Oct 13 13:25:39 UTC 2015

From: Allan Carr

>Why should Canadians be less insulting to the President of the USA than
>Americans are to the Prime Minister of Canada?

I suppose that many people -- including most of us here -- have looked to Canada
for inspiration as to the right way to do so many things we'd like to see in the
U.S. And, of course, there's the Canadian "self image" of being all we south of
the border find ideal.

Put Harper disappoints us on the former -- coming across as just another hoople
like  our GOP candidates, and we're equally disappointed to learn that the self
image is full of baloney, as people who were **really** like that wouldn’t elect
Harper's majority in the first place.

If Canadians are going to act like Americans then they get to take the same kind
of heat, I think.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie