[Magdalen] Inappropriate?

Molly Wolf lupa at kos.net
Tue Oct 13 15:50:45 UTC 2015

There is an underside to the Canadian psyche, as there is to every psyche.  One aspect of that shadow is a racist, xenophobic, "traditionalist", suspicious-of-change streak, to which Harper appeals more and more blatantly, especially as a diversion from his own less-than-stellar track record.  This is despicable, and he's being called on it.  I think he admires the right-wing Republicans and wants to emulate their peculiar populism.

But multiculturalism is embedded in the Canadian ethos, as well as common sense.  It has been rightly pointed out that far more Canadians have been killed by moose than by terrorism in the last 15 years.

Harper also has a really nasty streak, and it doesn't gain him any points.

Molly

The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -- Mark Twain