[Magdalen] Hymnals and Perspective.o

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 18:50:05 UTC 2015

Jim G : like the Rectors who refused to go
> through the BCP revision process in their parishes and left their
> congregations distraught over the results when bishop s required the 1979
> BCP, some of those same guys also ignored the work toward the new
> hymnal....and left a bad taste in the mouths of congregants they had
> deliberately left ignorant.

Episcopalians can be feisty...

I came into TEC at this time and did not understand much about it until a
decade and a diocese later (was in the fairly liberal dio of Central NY at
the time, but had a Mother in-law, cradle Episcopalian who was abjectly
opposed to weekly Eucharist... ("made it seem unimportant") in fact, the
church where we all went phased it in from every other Sunday, for two
years, alternating with MP/sermon, and finally went full bore Eux every
Sunday after that.

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck
by Richard Rohr