[Magdalen] Show Boat.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Oct 17 17:37:52 UTC 2015

The 1951 classical movie version was a BIG deal back in the day.

I remember distinctly being in the Twin Ports when it was playing at
the big theater in Duluth, MN.  My Cousin Connie and I boarded  the
bus on Belknap and then transferred to the Intercity bus on Tower
in Superior for the trip across the old interstate bridge and on up
Superior Street in Duluth to the Norshore Theater.

Then we returned on the same route.  It was quite an adventure.
I was 13.

Show Boat tunes were in my head for months.

David Strang.