[Magdalen] health care...

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Wed Oct 21 17:41:07 UTC 2015

From: Cantor03--- via Magdalen

>Then late that last year of coverage, Geisinger suddenly withdrew
f>rom the Federal Employee market.  There was no reason given,  and
>the letter more or less concluded with something like "Have a nice  day."

Geisinger remains a great medical system. That's Albert's plan these days. But I
do have concerns that should he be very sick, they would want him at Danville,
and you can’t get there from here. Likewise, if my cancer turned for the worse,
Danville would be out of the question.

But in that case, Albert can hop on a bus and get to NYC and on to MSK without
any trouble. And the American Cancer Society even runs a "free" hotel for cancer
patients and families in NYC where he could stay as well. And then there's the
Helmsley Medical Tower Hotel for families of patients in the hospital
omplex  -- NY Presbyterian, Cornell Weill, MSK etc. I could get the same
treatments I;m currently getting here in Scranton. But if there should be
complications. . .

I have a friend undergoing heart bypass there today, and I really would have
liked to visit him, as his family is elderly and not able to travel there from
the Clearfield area. But Geisinger is geared to people with cars -- not everyone
else. They don’t even have any kind of shuttle between/among their facilities.

Cheers,
Jim