[Magdalen] Heather Cook

Susan Hagen susanvhagen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 00:47:36 UTC 2015

I don't know what is right or what is proportionate.  I wish I knew
what would work to stop people from driving drunk and driving
distracted.  A drunk driver killed and maimed sisters of my
Benedictine community.  Courts had tried to stop him.  His family had
tried to stop him.  It seem nothing will really stop someone from
drinking and driving if they are determined to do so.   I grieve for
those who are killed and for those who mourn them.  It is clear that
Cook's first DUI didn't get through to her.  This one will give her
time for reflection but I doubt that time in prison will be
therapeutic.  It is all such a terrible situation.

Susan

--
"And I don't like anybody very much"
http://www.metrolyrics.com/merry-minuet-lyrics-kingston-trio.html