[Magdalen] Heather Cook

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 23:21:40 UTC 2015

Yes, our diocese will set a more thoughtful alcohol policy at the
convention next month.  I don't think it will be very strong.  Our parish
will set a policy following the diocesan convention.  I don't think that
will be strong either.  We have had some conversation already and a bit of
controversy.

The alcoholic system, be it a family, a church, or any sort of
'family-type' system is set to keep secrets.  It's in the DNA and also in
the 'don't talk, don't feel, and don't trust' rules embedded in the
alcoholic, etc.system.  Breaking these crazy making rules is very
difficult, especially when it means telling the truth, naming the
dysfunction, and confronting the one with the most obvious problem.  But,
the truth is that the entire system is sick with denial and doing the same
damn thing over and over and blaming everyone else, rather than owning
responsibility for how we contribute to the sickness.

Um...stepping off the soap box.
Ginga