[Magdalen] Heather Cook

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Fri Oct 30 11:14:35 UTC 2015

From: Jay Weigel

>this case, the family is reported to be in severe financial need.
>Therefore, a large financial settlement would be part of the restoration.

Some might suggest that the family was content with the deceased's failure to
provide for his them does not merit turning tragedy into a winning lottery
ticket.

>And you chose to disregard the other part, about a menial job in the ER
>(which would include cleaning up the blood and guts, and other scut  work).

There are those who would suggest that no job is "menial" -- save for the
financially-secure white-collar elites who disdain and demean workers. I think
it's shocking to see that attitude here, and I'm really disappointed.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie