[Magdalen] Heather Cook

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 13:55:27 UTC 2015

Well, I don't think that's menial, considering that I worked in nursing and
often ended up cleaning up such stuff myself, working as I did mostly on
night shift when usually housekeeping wasn't available. She, however,
might. But I'm dropping that as others find it objectionable and see it as
"revenge".

I do like the point that Sibyl brought up about the Native American custom,
which is much closer to what I was trying to convey. I was thinking this
myself last year in the case of the young man in Texas who plowed into a
bunch of people in a crosswalk while driving drunk and killed several. He
also seriously injured several, including one in his vehicle who is now
completely paralyzed and cannot speak. (This is the "affluenza" case that
enraged so many.) It occurred to me that part of his sentence should have
been to care for the passenger for the rest of that passenger's
life....bathing, changing, etc. In the scenario that Sibyl mentions, he
would have been taken into that family, with all the rights and
*obligations* of that young man, in addition. That's a rather interesting
thought, in this day and age.