[Magdalen] Three Sisters.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 22:31:03 UTC 2015

On Sat, Oct 31, 2015 at 5:20 PM, Roger Stokes
<roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com> wrote:
> A rite I have never used.  Judging by the comments of another priest who had
> used it while officiating elsewhere who said it was difficult to know where
> to turn I am glad of that.  I gave him a copy that snother priest's widow
> had given to my then parish so he could familiarise himself with it.  I
> would refuse to use it on the grounds that it is not an authorised rite in
> the Church of England. If I am not comfortable knowing what comes next how
> can I make the liturgy flow properly for others?

I've attended only one Mass celebrated from one of the pre-1979 BCP
"illegal" missals: the Anglican Missal, at St. Paul's Anglican
Catholic Church in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The celebrant had the full
missal, and you could see he was praying the silent prayers from it at
the altar at the appropriate times. The people had the 1928 BCP, plus
a one-sheet leaflet with the usual added texts they needed, and the
texts of the minor propers with music from the English Gradual, and
the people were invited to sing these along with the choir. I think
the priest also had altar cards with the Gloria, offertory prayers,
Canon of the Mass, Last Gospel, etc.

Of course, they'd done it this way for years, so it flowed just fine.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA