[Magdalen] Wedding Advice

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Sep 5 19:08:17 UTC 2015

In a message dated 9/5/2015 2:31:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

I  stumbled across my parents marriage license, circa 1949 yesterday while
going through files...>>>>>>
My parents were married in 1934 in my mother's home parish,
the cavernous Concordia Lutheran Church, Superior, Wisconsin.

Several witnesses, including my Aunt Gladys, her matron of honor,
verified that there were wedding pictures taken.  I never saw  any
of them.

My mother was very funny about such pictures, and when queried,
smiled and changed the subject.  Perhaps a year before mother  died
in 1998, I really tried to get some explanation out of her about  these
pictures, and she got quite irritated, and made it quite clear that  this
was not an acceptable subject.

Nonetheless, when we emptied out the house in NW Wisconsin after
her death, we all sort of expected the pictures would turn up,  especially
while clearing out her extended walk-in bedroom closet.  It was not  to
be.  We found no pictures.

David Strang.