[Magdalen] Wedding Advice

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 19:30:12 UTC 2015

My parent's wedding pictures were taken in the lobby at the Toledo JP's
office. My  mom was wearing a stylish suit and my dad was also dressed
nicely. Pix w/ and w/out their good friends who were their witnesses.  It
was a second marriage for my mom (the first one was in 'the church' and
involved many photos, none of which I have ever seen as that was once the
secret of the century - after her divorce she asked all her sisters to
destroy the photos...) On my recent trip to MI, I visited with a cousin, old
enough to remember mom's first husband, and she told me none of the sisters
destroyed the photos... and we shared family secrets we each knew about each
other but had not ever talked about in detail or gotten the 'facts straight'
within our own immediate family... I had inadvertently discovered my divorce
when a teenager - knew she knew I knew - but we did not talk about it for 20
years.  Life is funny sometimes.
Partly this was why I smiled when I saw the bible quote on the JP/county
clerk's license form.

Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck