[Magdalen] Wedding Advice

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sat Sep 5 19:59:40 UTC 2015

David asked:

>I'm curious as to why Saint Luke's, Scranton was chosen for this  event?
>The presence of much of the musical/choral forces from Wilkes-Barre
>adds to the puzzlement.

Perhaps the Warden(s)/Vestry did not want a same-sex wedding? Without A
Rector/PIC, they Senior Warden has that power.

Sometimes I think that's why some Wardens/Vestries actually **like** supply
priests, because there's no interference./

>As to the ProCathedral appellation, that was coined during the first  heady
>year of +Marshall's pontificate.  He liked Saint Stephen's, and had  his
>consecration there instead of the usual Cathedral in Bethlehem USA.

That may be part of the reason that "Pro Cathedral" usage gets on everyone elses
nerves <g>.

>Along with the name, the Rector of Saint Stephen's and the O/C were
>officially dubbed "Canons" (Canon Rector and Canon Musician).

And "Canon" was duly noted next to Mark Laubach's name in the Bulletin <g>.
Anyway, I thought Parish-level "Canon" titles expire when a bishop was replaced.

Cheers,
Jim