[Magdalen] Wedding Advice

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 19:44:45 UTC 2015

On Sat, Sep 5, 2015 at 2:34 PM, James Oppenheimer-Crawford
<oppenheimerjw at gmail.com> wrote:
> It has been my experience that when I've been at a service and find some
> folks going to a reception and then discover it is only for a certain
> bunch, it takes some of the joy out of the occasion.

Yes. No matter how graciously and carefully worded, the announcement
still amounts to an un-inviting of some. This might work in some
places, and maybe most people would understand, but I think overall
it's best to set things up so there isn't this moment of sorting the
sheep from the goats, as it were, and making people have the thought,
"Oh, that's a thing we're not invited to."

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA