[Magdalen] For those who truly seek the solution for today's world

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Mon Sep 7 23:10:03 UTC 2015

On 9/7/15 5:22 PM, ME Michaud wrote:
> Saw a stand of goldenrod just coming in to tassel on Saturday
> and I heard my mother's voice as clearly as if she were sitting
> in the back seat.
>
> "Goldenrod!
> Six weeks to frost."

My mother's voice sings:

"The goldenrod is yellow
The corn is turning brown
The trees in apple orchards
With fruit are bending down.

The gentian's bluest fringes
Are curling in the sun
In dusky pods the milkweed
Her silken fruit has spun.

I think it must have been a song she taught in grade school, maybe one
she learned in her own grade school.  But it was invariable, every Fall
when any one of those phenomena was mentioned or visible.  Several
times.  I can hear her in my head at any time.  Wish I could through
sound waves.

The wild geese are moving, too.  It does seem at least a month or two
early this year to be hearing them.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net