[Magdalen] pencils

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Wed Sep 9 00:49:14 UTC 2015

I have to have pencils for my sudoku addiction: need to have puzzles
with squares large enough to put possible numbers in the corners and
erase them when I have a "winner".  Only the very easiest can I do
without the corner routine.   I once did crosswords, but now the
crosswords in the newspaper go to waste.  When I did them, I did them in
pencil.

I also use colored pencils for a number of things, including beadwork
design and my checkbook.

One of my Asperger's groups on Facebook had a note from a father with a
young boy in elementary school.  He was called in for a teacher
conference because his son wouldn't stop sharpening his pencil.  He was
compulsive: the point had to be perfect, and since points are never
perfect, he'd just keep grinding away until the pencil was all gone,
driving everybody else in the room nuts, other students as well as
teacher.  (And wasting pencils).  The teacher wanted the father to
convince him not to do that.  The father was familiar with the problem,
BTDT: the boy had an Accommodation on his IEP to have a mechanical
pencil.  The teacher had taken it away from him at the beginning of the
year.  She protested, "But we can't have just one child provided with
something special that the others can't have!"  DUH

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net