[Magdalen] Execution...

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 14:38:01 UTC 2015

A sad interesting element to one who came late to this issue was the complexity of her death sentence for a crime she did not actually commit vs her boyfriend, the actual murderer who got life in prison.
May she rest in peace
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 30, 2015, at 8:53 AM, Scott Knitter <scottknitter at gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 8:50 AM, sheila ketler via Magdalen
<magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:
> I was sad to read the posts about this. It is sad that even the Pope interceding made no difference in this situation.I was thinking on Sunday as I heard the reading from Esther how capital punishment has been around since Biblicaltimes and there is no end in sight with it ever ending...
> When will we stop doing this??

Not soon in the USA, if opinions in comment boxes are any indication
(I hope they're not, but...).

I even countered one "Kill her now" comment with "An eye for an eye,
then?" and they came back immediately with the reply, "Absolutely...an
eye for an eye."

We've got a message to spread, clearly.

--
Scott R. Knitter