[Magdalen] Whole Foods wins !!!

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 02:59:56 UTC 2016

We apparently are too scary a neighborhood for a TJ's for some reason,
but we do have an alcohol-free mini-Aldi. And they finally started
taking credit cards as well as debit cards. On more than one occasion
I was ready to get in line to check out when I realized I didn't have
the debit card with me (or enough cash). So back through the store to
put everything back.

No alcohol because they're in a precinct voted dry some years ago to
cut down on drunk older guys buying single cans of beer and hanging
around the 'L' station heckling passers-by, including school kids on
their way to a private Catholic school. It worked. No hecklers (at
least not ones who just bought a single can o' beer at that spot), and
you have to walk down to Whole Foods or beyond to get alcoholic bevs.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA