[Magdalen] Arrow prayers, please

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 19:19:32 UTC 2016

Our preacher shared an interpretation he said he hadn't heard in all
his decades of sermon preparation: The number relates to the number of
types of fish known at the time so was meant to express universality.
I'm fine with the universality (and by extension the disciples...and
Church...catching people of all nations with the Way and the Gospel)
but wonder whether 153 was widely known as the number of types of
fish.

Anyway, I think it's similar to 7 similarly symbolizing universality
or wholeness.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA