[Magdalen] What makes a good godparent?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Apr 30 14:54:15 UTC 2016

In a message dated 4/30/2016 10:45:27 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

My own  godparents were  >>>>>>>>>>>>

Godparents (only one set) were my mother's youngest sister, Aunt  Gladys
and her husband, Uncle Ellis.

I stayed with them in Superior, Wisconsin on several extended (3 months  +)
periods when my mother had health problems.  They were always  close
by at the ready for anything I needed, and when my mother died, they
surfaced again to insist that I come to their home during the  Christmas
holidays.

There was never any need for religious education help.  Everyone  in
that family was Norwegian Lutheran, including my mother, and some
religious education was a given.

So I would say they took their duties very seriously.

David Strang.