[Magdalen] Sermon

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 16:26:47 UTC 2016

Not arguing this, but it seemed to me that the point of the sermon was
missed.  People seemed to take it only as a rebuke for being sociable.
This was for us the Transfiguration and it was suggested that the
artists who portray the disciples  in awe and/or terror of the
transfigured Jesus in their works seem to be expressing a deep-heart
response way beyond sociable chat.  I believe we were being pointed to
digging a lot deeper.  The nay-sayers pretty much all wanted soft kind
words for whatever reason.  Anyway, I hope this isn't a sign of a deeper
malaise.

Marion, a pilgrim