[Magdalen] Ormonde Plater/ RIP

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 8 21:52:48 UTC 2016

I remember reading about the Ordination of Deacons when I was in seminary in the 50's 60's Willem Schamoni was the authority at the time. I read him in translation, so I don't know when he was writing. I did know that Odo Casel OSB  died at the Easter vigil 1949 after (or during) singing the Exultet. Schamoni may have been that far back or earlier. I read the French theologians in the original but that was much after they were originally published.

We were always told that one of the major advantages of studying French and/or German was to read the leading theologians much before their ideas reached the US

Joe