[Magdalen] The Donald Again.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Aug 11 19:20:12 UTC 2016

In a message dated 8/11/2016 3:03:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

taking  much more of a toll on a car than in
smaller countries and traveling  shorter  distances.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A major factor in keeping German highways in good shape is that
despite the presence of cold weather and snow in the winter in
portions of Germany, it doesn't get cold enough to freeze the  highways
which then would produce the potholes so familiar to the upper half of  the
USA.

It is amazing how one can travel from one end of Germany to the  other
when you are going 100 miles per hour.  One of the last trips I  made
to Germany for vacation, I landed at Hamburg in the extreme  north.
I needed to be in Bavaria by nighfall, so I naturally took the  autobahns.

I covered the 800 miles or so in about six hours.

David Strang.