[Magdalen] Time Zones.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Aug 12 19:30:42 UTC 2016

It's always dark on the fabulous beaches of Rio when the USA  newscasters
report on the Olympics.  I therefore just checked the time zones  and
as I thought, they are 2 hours ahead of us.  Part of Brazil is three  hours
ahead, but not Rio.

It is interesting to see what the various nations have done with the  time
zones.  Some of the gerrymandering makes the fudging of time  zones
in the USA pale in comparison.

For example, China just ignores time zones entirely, and the whole
country is in one time zone (there should be four zones).   Australia
is in one zone only, and New Zealand, that should be two hours ahead
of Australia, opts for the same zone as the Aussies.

And I thought it was a little brazen for the Detroit automakers to  have
conspired to keep the Motor City in sync with Wall Street!

David S.  -   Who can't believe it's been 53 years since  "The Girl from
                    Ipanema."