[Magdalen] A reflection on "certification"; was Just got accepted for the exam.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 16:21:00 UTC 2016

Sounds like this certification is on a par with my Association of
Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) foundation certification. It
demonstrates a foundation level of knowledge. The next level is a
detailed documentation of your professional skills as demonstrated on
actual projects (and attested by colleagues and supervisors), and the
top level is so high I don't even know what it is. :)

I'm seeing many more proposal management jobs requiring the APMP
foundation certification, or highly preferring it. The APMP has
conformed its exams to the level of other such organizations (such as
Project Management Institute) in the past several years. Previously we
had only accreditation, not actual certification. I think
"certification" is supposed to mean a level of knowledge recognized
across disciplines.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA