[Magdalen] trivia

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 21:09:43 UTC 2016

I keep reading articles about people's poor knowledge of geography.

And I remember we were drilled on this in grammar school (and the relatives
and friends who kept maps posted at home so they could follow the reports
from World War II). I remember nautical charts hung in bathrooms so people
could study currents and hazards. I remember copying maps of Europe
and South America (homework). Half of the countries I worked so hard to
memorize are gone now or reconfigured.

Now that Rupert Murdoch has purchased The National Geographic ... mercy me.
-M