[Magdalen] trivia

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 02:23:53 UTC 2016

I was and still am a weird kid: I've always loved maps and remember
studying them in minute detail at an early age. I had a wooden puzzle
of North America as well and still think of each state as being the
color it had in that puzzle. Texas is orange, Michigan is green, Ohio
is red. All of Canada (part of the frame, not a puzzle piece) is pink.

Along with that, I've always been a list-maker, including a project in
about fifth grade or so to make a list of every country on earth along
with selected interesting facts about each one. I occasionally felt
like I was being a major nerd by doing these things; Older Me would
tell Young Me, "You're learning something you're very interested in,
in your own way. That's always a good thing. Now get off my lawn and
go learn some more!"

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA