[Magdalen] trivia

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 14:21:11 UTC 2016

Ah, back in the good old days when the sun had not yet set on the
British Empire and much of the world map (not the USA, of course) was
pink.  In Grade One, with the pull-down world map in front of the
blackboard, I stood next to my desk in the one-room school house and
sang 'The British Grenadiers'.  "Some talk of Alexander, And some of
Hercules, Of Hector and Lysander, And such great men as these.  But of
all the world's great heroes There's none that can compare, with a
tow-row-row-row-row-row-row-row-row, The Britsh Grenadiers."

Marion, a pilgrim