[Magdalen] Cytoscopy.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 13:17:17 UTC 2016

When I had all that glorious surgery several years back, one of the things
that went on was that they found scar tissue essentially blocking one
kidney. A nephrologist was called in (all this happened during the 5 1/2
hours I was on the table) who directed the delicate dissection of scar
tissue away from the ureter and then placed stents in *both* of them "just
to be on the safe side". Apparently the blockage had accounted for the
unexplained sudden rise in my blood pressure and the weird lab values that
had gone on for the previous 3-4 years that nobody had figured out, but
anyway. When I went in a couple months post-op to get the stents removed, I
was naturally a little bit apprehensive, and of course the doc didn't
reassure me when he said there would be a "momentary twinge" when he
removed each one. Oh yeah? It freakin' HURT! And it wasn't momentary
either. I felt it for the rest of the afternoon. I definitely didn't want
to see HIM again!