[Magdalen] Drug research.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Aug 29 17:45:44 UTC 2016

In a message dated 8/29/2016 12:04:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
polycarpa3 at ckt.net writes:

When I  was a child, more than sixty years ago, the doctor to whom my
parents  would take me was a DO, not an MD.  He

Back in the day, there used to be a big difference made between the
two degrees and their separate approaches.  DO's usually didn't  have
hospital privileges and they were mostly generalists.  It was my
impression that they were looked down upon by many MD's.

Then California examined the situation and the training and decided
there was essentially no difference in abilities between DO's and  MD's,
and made equality between them the law.

As goes California, goes the country in matters like this, and soon  it
was a done deed nationally.  Further, DO's were admitted into  specialty
training just as MD's, and as a result the DO's are much more  diversified
now than in the past.

I had a good friend and fellow dermatologist when I was in  Frankfurt/M
(He ran the Military clinic at the Augsburg, Germany Army Hospital).
He was very well trained.  He suffered, however, from  narcolepsy,
and would fall asleep at the oddest times.  Driving was obviously  a
problem.

David S. - Who would like to have slept through some work  days.