[Magdalen] Quiet Pub

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 14:30:45 UTC 2016

I'm on a breather after the last of the shows/fairs for the season, and
Tuesday took a bunch of stuff from those (what I refer to as a "product
dump") to the gallery and added them to my display there, from whence I
devoutly hope at least some of them will sell. I can now have some "me
time" and do such things as get a haircut, which is way overdue. Like
Ginga, I hate shopping "out in the world" and so online shopping has been
my savior in recent years, as have the gallery and the Book Fair. Now all I
need to do is get things wrapped and a send a big package off to Tennessee.

Advent is my favorite church season, so I've immersed myself in the music
of it online. There are some fine collections online, including a 90-minute
one from Concordia Publishing on YouTube which I'm sure is meant as an
advertisement of their wares, but lovely to listen to nonetheless. I do
miss choral singing, especially at this time of year, but I'm not up to it
any more, even in Reformation's small choir; my breath control has deserted
me since my surgeries in 2012, no matter how diligently I work at the
exercises. That does tend to contribute to my SAD as do thoughts of my boy,
who I am of course missing badly, but fortunately the weather hasn't been
too awfully dismal, although it is, as he would put it, "colder than
dammit" today.

Echoing Ginga's wishes for all.