[Magdalen] ice

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Sat Dec 17 17:10:54 UTC 2016

On 12/17/16 9:24 AM, Jon Egger wrote:
> In KC we are iced in with just enough ice to make everything slick and
> nasty. (Sounds like a law firm.)  Plus, there are accidents at our
> apartment complex main entrance, so we're literally stuck in!
>
> Arrgh.

150 miles S of you, we've just got little flecks of ice, and maybe some
places a microscopically thin skin.  (personally assessed by the metal
pipe and concrete walking surface on my back step, by the touch of my
hand).  Cars on the road don't seem to be noticing it at all. Airport in
Joplin is reporting "Freezing Drizzle", whatever that means.  It isn't
perceptibly precipitating right now here, so maybe we've dodged the
bullet. Temperature is supposed to go down to zero tonight, though.
Personally, I don't have anywhere that I need to go, so I'll just hunker
down.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net