[Magdalen] Christmas Trees

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Dec 24 17:09:13 UTC 2016

In a message dated 12/24/2016 11:52:54 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu writes:

No  ornaments>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The years we lived in Germany, we had an indoor decorated tree,
and I bought a tree for a container on the front balcony.  Both  were,
of course, the ubiquitous (in Europe) Norway Spruce species,
Picea abies.

The balcony tree did very well, and I planted it in the lawn  area
before we left for CONUS.  Some 15 years later I drove by to  note
that it was doing well and 30' - 40' tall.

Norway Spruce trees do very well in the eastern half of the USA,
and most of the Rockefeller Center Christmas trees are of that
species, including the one this year from Upstate New York.

David S.