[Magdalen] Christmas Trees

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 17:14:40 UTC 2016

Many years ago, when the late ex and I always bought our live trees from
the "Christmas tree man" from Michigan who grew his own and set up a lot in
our town every year, we got two blue spruce seedlings from him. We planted
them equidistantly in our front yard. One flourished and grew, but the
other did not. I was ecstatic when the one that flourished grew tall enough
to get its first string of lights for Christmas, along with the dwarf
Alberta spruce at the corner of the house which never got more than 3.5
feet tall. The blue spruce is now huge, I would estimate probably around 12
feet tall, and nobody wants to fool with putting lights on it any more!