[Magdalen] I met Doogie Howser.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 19:24:31 UTC 2016

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 11:19 AM, Jay Weigel <jay.weigel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mike, they ALL look ungodly young these days! When I first met my dentist
> he had braces on his teeth, for catsake! (he's in his 30s, I guess)

The gastro clinic at Illinois Masonic (scene of my two colonoscopies)
has 30-ish male nurses, at least for male patients. Nurse Blake could
not be more reassuring, perceptive, and handsome. I'm very glad to see
he's now head nurse in that department. I hope I've never said
anything flirty under anesthesia (but I'm sure I wouldn't be the
first).

And I am very grateful to Blake and all who take on the hard work of
modern medicine/nursing, especially in gastroenterology.

My gastro doctor is pleasant as well. He asks a series of questions to
determine the status of the anesthesia: "What's your doctor's name?"
"Dr. Andrew Albert." "That's me, silly. I meant your primary care
physician." "Oh...well, you didn't say that." Zzz.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA