[Magdalen] St. Thomas Fifth Avenue Chooses.

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Mon Feb 8 03:32:41 UTC 2016

David wrote: This follows the tragic and untimely death of previous O/C
John Scott.

http://www.saintthomaschurch.org/music/dirmusapptd

I don't know if it was Scott's preference or the combination of Andrew
Mead and Scott, but I have to say I lost alot of interest in the St
Thomas music program under their approach. I really got alot out of the
approach under Gerre Hancock -- lots of Victoriana.

That may have also reflected Fr. John Andrew's preference; Scott dived
into some of the Renaissance composers like Vittoria et al.

I, for one, think that's a waste of talent for a good M&B choir.

We worshipped there often when Andrew/Hancock were running things --
lots of weekday Evensongs, and occasional Sunday mornings. The Scott era
just didn't cut it for me.

Once things settle in -- we'll check things out there again. Cheers, Jim

Cheers,
Jim