[Magdalen] Kitty ouch

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 20:23:34 UTC 2016

My dear partner is in deep remorse after playing a bit rambunctiously
with our younger cat Hermès in an accustomed manner but this time
resulting in her having a sore leg. Now she's walking slowly, reticent
about jumping up or down, and complaining when that leg is held. She
seemed to do OK last night with her standard jumps to and from my bed
to do her food and litter-box errands.

I'm thinking it's a sprain and just needs some rest time to heal, but
I hate that she's hurting and of course we can't know, especially from
a stoic cat, whether she's hurting all the time or just when she puts
pressure on that leg. I don't see swelling, just her slowness and
sensitivity.

Maybe I can book her into the vet office (I can walk her there in her
crate) for late this afternoon.

And I've been telling Scott the Younger to stop the silly talk about
throwing himself off a building if she's seriously hurt. I think the
worst it could be is a minor (albeit quite painful) fracture, but
we'll see. Poor kitty!

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA