[Magdalen] RIP Wayne Rogers

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Jan 3 02:34:55 UTC 2016

In a message dated 1/2/2016 9:12:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

regular  army Col. Potter and totally
misplaced civilian  B.J.>>>>>>

The latter reminds me of the CEO/Commander of the Army Hospital
in Frankfurt/M.  During his tenure there - about three years - he  was
promoted to brigadier general.  He was a researcher at Walter  Reed
who had to have some administrative time to get the promotion.  He  was
really out of his element at Frankfurt/M.

One day I was chatting with him as we both walked from the outpatient
clinic area to the wards, when he opened a door to a broom closet  walked
in and closed the door behind him. Obviously embarrassed by his
odd maneuver, after a minute reemerged to resume our chat as though
nothing had happened.

His son, who took organ lessons at the Hochschule fur Musik,  Frankfurt/M,
was the assistant at Saint Christopher's (now Christ the King)  Episcopal
Church.  His son met a Mormon girl in Frankfurt/M, and you can  guess
the rest.  They were married at the Salt Lake Temple.

The CEO and all the various base commanders were members of Saint
Christopher's
Episcopal church, even though there were Protestant and RC chapels on
base.  Combine all that brass with the British and American Consuls  and
the limousines stretched for a block at the church on Sundays.

David Strang.