[Magdalen] oldest restaurants in Chicago

Mahoney, W. Michael wmmah at stoneledge.net
Wed Jan 6 04:05:54 UTC 2016

My wife, then my fiance, and I had lunch at The Berghoff in 1963, right
after we got our marriage license at the Cook County offices a few blocks
away.  We had lunch there again in 2010 when we were in Chicago for a week
long course at the Art Institute, also a few blocks away.  Didn't seem to
have changed much.

I think my mother took my sisters and me to the Walnut Room once.  As I
recall, she and the other women there all wore hats and gloves.

I don't recall hats and gloves in the others I visited, which included
Italian Village and Valois, possibly also Daleys, though one didn't readily
go to that part of town.

Mike M.