[Magdalen] Brightest and Best - The Epiphany, January 6, 2016.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Jan 9 17:52:15 UTC 2016

In a message dated 1/9/2016 12:37:46 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

My  experience for Epiphany tide with clients I s white on first and last
(Jesus'  baptism and the Transfiguration). Mailing out a not-yet-finished
green  chasuble on Monday...

I get the impression from here and there that Anglocatholic parishes
with Solemn High Mass Liturgies did not traditionally have a complete
green set.  They would get along with a green chasuble, but no  green
dalmatic and tunicle.  Also, bishops tended to wear a plain  white
mitre and uncolored cope during the green seasons rather than the
green cope and mitre one now sees.  I know that +Eau Claire, for
instance, didn't have a green mitre or cope.

I guess vestments have become more color coordinated these days.

David Strang.