[Magdalen] Mike & Everett face a demon.

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Mon Jan 11 13:43:46 UTC 2016

Jo wrote:

>I think my mother hoped that if I knew nothing about housekeeping, I'd have to
>either have a profession capable of supporting a housekeeper, or

My mother ***hated*** housework.

I remember that shortly after she lost her sight, my dad even remarked she had
gone a long way to avoid doing housework anymore.

My mother laughed -- and said, well, let  it not be said there are advantages to
losing one's sight..(Let it also not be said that my family members could always
see an alternative,  positive scenario, even if it was way over the top --
something I work hard to avoid in public with mixed results <g>)

My grandmother, ever-helpful said, Don’t worry -- the school for the blind will
teach you to clean and cook anyway.

Mom opted for the cross-country skiing for the blind course, along with Braille.

Cheers,
Jim