[Magdalen] TEC suspended from Anglican Communion

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 20:31:39 UTC 2016

..clear teaching of scripture... At a small dinner gathering of 5 last night -the hosts a couple who are friends and the guests (my) Jim and I and a friend who they had invited last minute.
The friend and my friends have left TEC some time ago for a local AMIA church that had the big bucks to buy a local indie non-denom church building (vacated for a larger space) which, IMO, allowed their church to attract other AMIERs who were meeting in obscure temporary digs for years and those under under other names (REC too).
The other guest is a campaign manager for a local candidate for county office. She is a zealous bible believer with all manner of proof to back up her ideals. Anxious to rep a bible believing candidate... My tongue hurts this morning even though I tried to respond sparingly to some of her AMAZING conclusions about the state of world and country and apparently intent on saving me from the flames of hell with verbatim bible verses and references to "reliable" historical reading on the Muslim menace EVERYWHERE particularly in the US. By the end of the evening she was, seriously, begging for me to let her provide all the info I would need to see the light.
Even real history wasn't a deterrent to her truth.
Sigh.
After a bit of exegesis on the error of anyone who tried to explain/believe/encourage that Allah is in any way "related" to "our God " I must admit that I let her know what I believed and shared a bit of history of the first 6 centuries she knew she needed to save me...
History was trumped by bible verse and citation... I didn't dare share my truth does not always mean fact.   I did settle down quickly to become a good guest.
Quite an inside peek into Teaparty politics.

(And then continued news this morning about our boy Ted Cruze... Federal lawsuit that naturalized does not equal natural born. That on the heels of yesterday's Washington Post article by a constitutional lawyer laying out that the intention of the ruling on this most probably not equate the guaranteed citizenship with the actual meaning of "natural born".
Life stays interesting here in the big TX
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone