[Magdalen] TEC suspended from Anglican Communion

Susan Hagen susanvhagen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 15:28:08 UTC 2016

Grace,
This is another group altogether.  They are affiliated with the
Rwandan church, not, I think, part of the ACNA/Truro/Falls Church
crowd.  I've heard that their theology is very reformed and they are
as much anti-woman as anti-gay.
Susan

On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 4:34 PM, Grace Cangialosi <gracecan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jay, do you happen to know if their priest's name is Jeffrey (or Geoffrey)? If so, Susan Hagen and I know him. He was trying to do a church plant there for our diocese for awhile but then left TEC altogether.
>
>> On Jan 16, 2016, at 3:41 PM, Jay Weigel <jay.weigel at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> There is an ACNA (looking toward Uganda) church in Harrisonburg that is vey
>> active and seems to be growing; they've planted a mission in a nearby town
>> already and remodeled their building. I participated in a holiday craft
>> fair they sponsored (probably will next year too) and was invited to church
>> there but I haven't attended. I probably will just for a peek into what
>> they're about, but the thought of having anything more to do with them
>> frankly makes me want to barf.
>>
>> On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 3:31 PM, Lynn Ronkainen <houstonklr at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> ..clear teaching of scripture... At a small dinner gathering of 5 last
>>> night -the hosts a couple who are friends and the guests (my) Jim and I and
>>> a friend who they had invited last minute.
>>> The friend and my friends have left TEC some time ago for a local AMIA
>>> church that had the big bucks to buy a local indie non-denom church
>>> building (vacated for a larger space) which, IMO, allowed their church to
>>> attract other AMIERs who were meeting in obscure temporary digs for years
>>> and those under under other names (REC too).
>>> The other guest is a campaign manager for a local candidate for county
>>> office. She is a zealous bible believer with all manner of proof to back up
>>> her ideals. Anxious to rep a bible believing candidate... My tongue hurts
>>> this morning even though I tried to respond sparingly to some of her
>>> AMAZING conclusions about the state of world and country and apparently
>>> intent on saving me from the flames of hell with verbatim bible verses and
>>> references to "reliable" historical reading on the Muslim menace EVERYWHERE
>>> particularly in the US. By the end of the evening she was, seriously,
>>> begging for me to let her provide all the info I would need to see the
>>> light.
>>> Even real history wasn't a deterrent to her truth.
>>> Sigh.
>>> After a bit of exegesis on the error of anyone who tried to
>>> explain/believe/encourage that Allah is in any way "related" to "our God "
>>> I must admit that I let her know what I believed and shared a bit of
>>> history of the first 6 centuries she knew she needed to save me...
>>> History was trumped by bible verse and citation... I didn't dare share my
>>> truth does not always mean fact.   I did settle down quickly to become a
>>> good guest.
>>> Quite an inside peek into Teaparty politics.
>>>
>>> (And then continued news this morning about our boy Ted Cruze... Federal
>>> lawsuit that naturalized does not equal natural born. That on the heels of
>>> yesterday's Washington Post article by a constitutional lawyer laying out
> [...]

The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among
you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the
land of Egypt.
Leviticus 19:34