[Magdalen] Speculation re Trump

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 18:32:16 UTC 2016

I just watched an interview of eight individuals who had previously been
Sanders supporters who intend to vote for the Republican putative nominee.
The interviewer kept trying to get them to clarify why they had supported a
left-leaning candidate but now were intending to vote for someone of the
utterly opposite extreme.  The actual answer, though unspoken, soon became
apparent.

They would rather vote for the most evil person on earth than vote for
Hillary.  That hatred for this individual is so virulent that these folks
obviously had shut down their major logical and rational circuitry.

There's an enormous number of folks out there with this hatred, irrational
and utterly so dumber-than-a-mud-fence stupid baseless "point of view".
Yep! These folks will be voting.  Lord have mercy on us.

If a child is playing with matches, you don't "tsk tsk tsk;" you take the
matches away.  If an adult is fooling around with quantities of TNT or
dynamite, you take the stuff away. Period.  The founding fathers didn't
think the ordinary folk ought to elect their representatives; they were
right.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford