[Magdalen] Today, PCP appt.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Jul 16 16:39:51 UTC 2016

In a message dated 7/16/2016 11:52:20 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

I'm not  sure statins are considered blood thinners but instead cholesterol
lowering.  OTOH there are some really bad new blood thinners out there that
ARE killers  and are still being sold and heavily advertised, some of which
already have  class action law suits ongoing involving living or dead
former users.

Well, there's aspirin that still does a pretty good joy of "blood
thinning."

My Alma Mater, the UW-Madison has made a pretty penny on the old
standard, "Warfarin" (coumadin).  The "Warf" stands for  Wisconsin
Alumni Research Foundation.  Apparently the generics for this  drug
have not been dependable, and the VA, for instance, still uses only
the name brand, Warfarin.

David Strang.