[Magdalen] Dem convention

F von Prondzynski F.von-Prondzynski at rgu.ac.uk
Thu Jul 28 14:25:54 UTC 2016

Molly wrote:

> I'm actually getting cable TV, which I haven't had for years, to follow the
> election.

I’m following it too, right now by the way from the middle of the North Atlantic, as I’m travelling on the Queen Mary 2 from NY (via Halifax) to Britain. For me – and I suspect for some from the other side of the ocean – this is like watching an alternative reality. Trump is just too bizarre to be believable; though I should add that I have a personal stake as I revoked his honorary degree from my university (awarded before I took office). What I find scary is that he is treated by apparently sane people as if he actually were a realistic proposition as President. And then there’s Bernie Sanders and his crowd of fans, who to me (with apologies to any here) are just as unreal.

And then there’s Fox News. What on earth can I say?

Barack Obama was just wonderful last night, as was Michelle earlier in the week.

Ferdinand