[Magdalen] Timely news about Mom.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jun 5 05:04:06 UTC 2016

>>>I wish your mother well in her struggles.
Many of the bingo places around here have closed, and nearly all that
remain have gone smoke-free.<<<

Mom's bingo is truly "intra-mural", in that she never leaves her "home" now, and merely needs to be wheeled down to the first floor room where bingo happens.  (She may not even be walker-capable anymore.  Mom-on-wheels.)

And there's many that may not know or remember that she's in a really great place:

http://www.cascadesofthesierra.com

And it's everything the website cracks it up to be.  And it only happens because Mom somehow, someway, got Pop to sign over both his Social Security AND his painters' pension to her during his last days on earth.  Without such financial lucre, she'd be at the mercy of state facilities.  It takes all she has, but I'm really glad, in the end, that Kenneth got it for her.  (The guest apartments are a mere $69/night, says I.)