[Magdalen] Joan Baez

Mahoney, W. Michael wmmah at stoneledge.net
Tue Mar 15 01:23:11 UTC 2016

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 10:29 PM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen <
magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:

> Somewhere recently a reference was made to the fact that music
> with tunes died at the end of the 1970's.  Although I didn't  seek
> out the creators of popular music during this period, I didn't make  an
> effort to get away from it the way I do with what passes for popular
> music these days.  Perhaps it's just a generational thing.
>
> Anyone else hear this sort of reference?

About the only popular "music" I hear these days is that which gets piped
in at the super markets and such.  To me, it's just unpleasant noise.  It
makes me irritable and eager to go somewhere else as soon as possible.

I can't be the only one who reacts that way.

Mike M.