[Magdalen] Private-ish repository for vestry documents?

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 16:46:14 UTC 2016

Regarding Vestry minutes:

I contend they should follow Robert's Rules and be not a transcript of
what was said but a concise record of the meeting and actions taken:

"The most frequent mistakes are trying to summarize the reports
offered and arguments made in debate, and including all of the
amendments and other secondary motions, In fact, in standard form, the
minutes should generally include only what was *done*, not what was
*said*."

I tried this when I was appointed clerk of the vestry in a previous
parish; this was deemed not acceptable, and I had to add notes on the
content of discussions.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA