[Magdalen] A4 long booklet, help please

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sat Mar 19 17:25:41 UTC 2016

On 19/03/2016 16:51, Charles Wohlers wrote:
> Word Processing programs (MSWord, WordPerfect) have a booklet setting
> which will put the pages in the proper place for printing. IIRC
> correctly, it's a lot less intuitive in MSWord than in WordPerfect - a
> book covering the program, or, failing that, a Google search, should
> tell you how to do it.

A4 is nbot a paper size in common use in the USA.  It is, in portrait
mode, 210mm wide by 297mm long.  Ian wants to have a booklet which is
105mm wide by 297mm long - tall and thin to (I guess) fit along a pew
shelf such as is common in English churches. MSWord bookfold setting
appears to only allow formatting the other way, printinh on the paper in
landscape mode so you end up with a more conventionally sized booklet
210mm tall and 148mm wide. Judging from comments on a UK-based list
there is no sinhle-stage way pf producing what he wants.

Roger